FDA Issues Graphic Cigarette Warning Labels: Meat, Dairy Products Need Similar
|June 30, 2011|
Last week, the FDA released new graphic cigarette package warning labels. It says the warnings will result in “lives saved, increased life expectancy, and lower medical costs.” Similar warnings on meat and dairy products could do the same. The risks associated with cigarette smoking are the same as consuming meat and dairy products: death, addiction, cancer, stroke, and heart disease.
FDA WARNING: Smoking can kill you.
PCRM WARNING: Meat can kill you.
- Read “The Five Worst Foods to Grill” report >
- Watch “Consequences”:
FDA WARNING: Cigarettes cause cancer.
PCRM WARNING: Processed and red meats cause cancer.
- Read Enough is Enough: Processed Meat-Cancer Link Confirmed >
FDA WARNING: Cigarettes are addictive.
PCRM WARNING: Meat and dairy products are addictive.
- Find out about the addictive properties of meat and dairy products.
FDA WARNING: Tobacco smoke can harm your children.
PCRM WARNING: Processed and red meats can harm your children.
- Read Expelled: Processed meats cause cancer. So why do schools feed them to children? >
- Watch “Protect Our Kids”:
FDA WARNING: Cigarettes cause strokes and heart disease.
PCRM WARNING: Meat and dairy products cause strokes and heart disease.
- Read “The Toll of Chronic Diseases” >
- Watch “Parallels”:
FDA WARNING: Quitting smoking now greatly reduces serious risks to your health.
PCRM WARNING: Quitting meat and dairy products now greatly reduces serious risks to your health.
- Watch "GEICO Employees Improve Health Dramatically with Low-Fat Vegetarian Diet":