Dr. Barnard Joins the Blogosphere
Dr. Barnard’s Blog is the new spot to find his late-breaking commentary on everything from updates on PCRM’s campaigns to end animal use in medical education to wedding cake advice for Prince William and Kate.
The regularly updated blog included these words of wisdom to the royal couple: “I have an important word of advice for the royal couple: Don’t touch that cake!!!! It will destroy your svelte royal waistlines. Here’s a much better one.”
Here are a few more samples of the wide-ranging topics Dr. Barnard’s been discussing on his recently launched blog:
- Movie Recommendation: “Many theaters across the country are now serving up the new film Forks Over Knives, which dissects the many intriguing links between food and health.”
- Humane Pediatrics Training: “Thanks to PCRM’s recently launched national effort, pediatrics training is quickly moving away from the use of animals, making training more ethical and more effective.”
- Animal Self-Awareness: “Nonhuman animals are as self-aware as humans. This is true, not only of primates, but of countless other animal species, too, including those commonly used in scientific experiments.”
- Agricultural Subsidies: “Last month, PCRM released a report revealing the stark contrast between the foods our government recommends we eat, and the food products it supports through subsidies.”
- Animal Use in Trauma Training: “Massachusetts General Hospital has ended its use of animals in trauma training, after a long effort by PCRM and its member physicians.”
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Prostate Cancer: “A new study will make people think twice about taking fish-oil capsules—or eating fish, for that matter.”
To read Dr. Barnard’s latest blog entry, visit PCRM.org/DrBarnardsBlog.