Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with Vegetariano en 21 Días
PCRM’s Vegetariano en 21 Días helps Spanish speakers celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with healthful plant-based versions of recipes from Spanish-speaking countries.
In recent years, Spanish-speaking countries have been being inundated with unhealthful meat and dairy products, often displacing plant-based staples. These foods contribute to obesity and chronic diseases. Close to 70 percent of Mexican adults are overweight or obese. Cancer is the leading cause of death among U.S. Hispanics.
The Spanish-language Vegetariano en 21 Días, based on PCRM’s online Kickstart program that has helped hundreds of thousands of people switch to a healthful plant-based diet, can help reverse this trend. It offers 21 daily e-mail messages that provide free access to:
- Three weeks of meat- and dairy-free versions of traditional, disease-fighting recipes from Spanish-speaking countries
- Nutrition webcasts featuring Joaquin Carral, M.D., and Aurora Leon, M.D.
- An all-new lineup of recipes and celebrity coaches including
- Marco Regil, international TV host who used a vegan diet to conquer a weight problem
- Yvonne DeLaRosa, actress who was raised vegetarian
- Carlos Anaya, award-winning journalist
- Terry Hope Romero, author of Viva Vegan!: Authentic Vegan Latina American Recipes
- Marco Borges, celebrity personal trainer whose clients include Beyoncé and Jay-Z
- Physicians, dietitians, and other nutrition experts providing nutrition tips and answering questions in an online forum
- An interactive restaurant guide
To register, visit Vegetarianoen21dias.org.