Kickstart Countdown: Journey to Improved Health Starts Sept. 6
The next 21-Day Vegan Kickstart begins in five days. It’s your chance to go vegan and get healthy. And just in time for back-to-school season, this program features the Kickstart Your Kids’ Health conference call. You’ll learn from two leading pediatricians how the road to lifelong good health starts in childhood.
Pediatricians Jay Gordon, M.D., and Leslie Brown, M.D., have firsthand experience getting kids and families started down this path. On Sept. 15, they will answer your questions about childhood nutrition during the Kickstart Your Kids’ Health conference call.
Dr. Gordon lives in the Los Angeles area, and many of his patients are children of Hollywood stars. He recently appeared on Good Morning America to speak about the importance of plant-based school lunch options. PCRM physicians steering committee chair Dr. Brown has been in private practice for 13 years. To combat childhood obesity, she stresses the health consequences of high-fat, meaty diets to her patients and their parents.
The new 21-Day Vegan Kickstart iPhone app, which complements the online program, can help you avoid those consequences with 21 days of low-fat, vegan breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner recipes available to you throughout the year. Details on downloading the iPhone app will be posted on the Kickstart site.
During the September program, you’ll also get an all-access pass to daily messages that will include celebrity and medical expert advice, a 21-day menu, nutrition webcasts, and a chance to win coupons redeemable at PCRM’s Marketplace. The message will also contain links to the Kickstart website, where participants will find:
- celebrity tips providing guidance and inspiration from The Biggest Loser’s Bob Harper, actress Alicia Silverstone, four-time NBA champion John Salley, and others;
- daily e-tips designed to put Kickstart participants on the path to weight loss, better health, and greater well-being;
- a 21-day meal plan with delicious, easy, and satisfying recipes sent every day that will help participants break cravings for unhealthy foods;
- daily motivational nutrition webcasts;
- social support from other Kickstart participants and experts through a community forum where nutrition professionals answer health and diet questions; and
- an interactive vegan restaurant guide.
Register for the Kickstart today at 21DayKickstart.org and sign up for the Kickstart Your Kids’ Health conference call.