Food for Life: Cancer Project
The Power of Food for Cancer Prevention and Survival
Certain diet patterns seem to have a major effect in helping cancer survivors to live longer, healthier lives. Numerous studies have shown that a diet built from plant foods offers the most cancer-fighting protection of any diet plan. Reviews by the American Institute for Cancer Research showed that as much as 40 percent of cancer risk may be related to diet. The Food for Life: Cancer Project classes offer a unique opportunity to acquire knowledge about the link between diet and cancer, experience the benefits of plant-based nutrition, and learn the practical cooking skills needed to help you on your journey to better health. In the Food for Life: Cancer Project classes, attendees do all of this while enjoying a cooking demonstration and tasting delicious, healthful dishes.
Featured Class Topics
- Introduction to How Foods Fight Cancer
- Fueling Up on Low-Fat, High-Fiber Foods
- Favoring Fiber
- Discovering Dairy Alternatives
- Replacing Meat
- Cancer-Fighting Compounds and Immune-Boosting Foods
- Maintaining a Healthy Weight
Discover the relationship between diet and cancer >
The Cancer Survivor’s Guide is the text we use in our cancer classes. The Guide includes a wealth of nutrition information and more than 100 recipes! Purchase/download the Guide >
The blenders used in many of our Food for Life classes were generously donated by the Vita-Mix Corporation.
The cookware and induction burners used in many of these classes were generously donated by Saladmaster.
New instructors and cities are frequently added. Watch this site for new classes near you.
- SVT Health & Wellness : Food for Life: Cancer Project
- California Family Fitness/ Howe Avenue Gym : Food for Life: Cancer Project
- Ann's Place, The Home of I Can : Food for Life: Cancer Project
- Cancer Alliance of Naples : Food for Life: Cancer Project
- Temple Kol Ami Emanu-EL : Food for Life: Cancer Project
- The Pyramid at Body Temple : Food for Life: Cancer Project
- Nourish Health With Food For Life, LLC. : Food for Life: Cancer Project
- Instructor's Private Residence : Food for Life: Cancer Project
Traverse City, MI
- 740 Centre Place : Food for Life: Cancer Project
- Roper Saint Francis Cancer Center : Food for Life: Cancer Project
- Sun City Hilton Head – The Lakehouse : Food for Life: Cancer Project
- Lighten Residence : Food for Life: Cancer Project